Thursday, February 18, 2010

Anything...or nothing?


Before I start, here is a picture of the babies, both named "big baby" after they had a trip to Doctor sassafras. Yes, for you medical people, the babies have a stickers in place for getting an EKG. And let me tell you that these babies are Ms. sassafras' lifeline. Seriously, it would be a bad scene if they are not with us constantly. There have been a couple of panicked moments - like the time I left them at the oil change place and got there again the MINUTE that they closed. She is STILL telling people that story! And the reason why there are two is that I had a backup and had intentions of washing it, and Ms. sassafras found it on the top of her hamper. Man, that was probably the best day of her life. I have never seen a bigger smile on that child's face.

Well, God broke the mold when He made our Ms. sassafras. This little girl is as witty as they come. She was in the bathtub the other night, and Motherbird was trying to get her to say "anything". She was trying to say "I don't need anything". You see, she says this "anyfing" word, and I know that you are supposed to correct children by repeating the correct vocabulary of the word in your own conversation, hoping that by example they learn, but I took a different route this time.

Anyway, I said, "Say ANY".

She says, "ANY".

I say, "Now say THING"... sticking my tongue out as I am overemphasizing the "TH" in thing.

She says, "TTHHHHING".

"Great", I say. Now say, "Say anything".

She says, "ANYFING".

We go over this a few times without success, and without blinking an eye, she says, "Mommy, I want nothing."

Okay. Unbelievable. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment