Thursday, March 25, 2010

Waiting (impatiently) for TA


Well, although life passes us by in the blink of an eye, every day I think of our son. It has already been five months since we first saw his beautiful face, and the last picture that we have of him is already four months old. I can't help but think if he has lost any teeth, and how much he is growing every day. I just can't wait to meet him, and give him a forever family. Here is one of my favorite pics of our boy.

Within the next two weeks, hopefully we will get our travel approval. Please Lord, give me peace while I wait. I know that I will be busy, as there are some things that I want to do, like a little more organizing at the house, and I still need to pack his clothes. Ms. sassafras and I need to make a chain link, one link for each day that her daddy and myself will be gone, so that she has some idea of how to process time in that 3 year old head of hers.

On a lighter note, this daughter of mine is STILL obsessed with Christmas and Santa Claus! Can you even believe it? It's almost April. Seriously. Right now, I am acting as Santa Claus, and she just told me that she got permission from her parents to fly alone to the North Pole to be an elf. I (Santa) asked her if it is really okay, since she is only 3 years old. She said, "Yeah, it's fine, I'm a 3 year old teenager."

Okay, this girl is hilarious.

Next time, I will post some pictures of his room. Can you guess the theme? Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean- it is so hard to see them grow up without us. I have been feeling this way, too- it is time to just get to China and get our kids!

    I am excited to see his new room!! Theme? cars, boats, train and plane?

    BTW- what is his name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good guesses Jean! Hope to post later tonight.

    I know you can't wait to get to your girls too!

    His name is Nathan. :)

    ReplyDelete