Sunday, July 18, 2010

Beach and boat ride




We are fortunate enough to have some good friends that have a boat. We spent the morning at the beach, and in the afternoon, we took a boat ride. Both of the kids got to drive the boat (with our friend Jeff behind them) and they were very excited.

Avery is our thrill seeker, and clearly you can see she is loving life. Nathan was probably concentrating on not trying to hit anyone. It was a great day.

Tomorrow, I go back to work. I am thankful for my time off with the kids. There were some amazing days, and some very tough days. And I would not change a thing.

I feel that Nathan has grown so much since we met him 2.5 months ago. His English continues to amaze me, and he is keeping up his Chinese with our sister-in-law. Avery has struggled at times not being the only one anymore, but slowly she is understanding what having a brother is all about. Next month, Nathan will start first grade and Avery will go back to preschool. They are both ready, and I think that the structure will be good for them both.

So the coffee pot is set to brew at 6am. Yes, caffeine is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment