Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mei Mei's big heart


Last night, we were eating dinner at the dining room table, and Motherbird had an idea to act like "big brudder" for Ms. sassafras. Of course, she excitedly dove into the opportunity. It beat me acting like Santa Claus AGAIN as I had for the past seven consecutive weeks! I could tell she was so excited to play this game. And, no surprise to me, the game continues today. If I take a peek into my crystal ball, I see that this will be going on until the day we leave for China.

Anyhow, she admitted for the first time that she asked for a football from Santa so that she could give it to her "big brudder". God bless this child for thinking of this for him. I do remember her sitting on Santa's lap and telling him she wants a football (along with another toy for her), but I was kind of thinking that she thought of it so that she could share it with her brother. It melted my heart right then and there. Here is a pic of our baby girl. Who would have ever thought she would be a mei mei? We thought that she would be the BIG sister, but God had other plans....

On the news front, we got the I-800 application form from the adoption agency in the mail yesterday. It will be over-nighted to immigration tomorrow. Even though this is another step up the ladder, I feel that this is a huge one. Once this form is processed, we will be on our way to getting our travel approval. And then the trip will be booked! I am anxious and excited and I keep thinking about what it will be like to meet this precious boy. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment