Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tickets and reservations and research, oh my.

We got our tickets to fly late last night. Just looking at the flight itinerary with our son's name on it for the return flight is a good feeling. This is it. Our lives are about to change.

I keep trying to imagine how things will go when he meets us. How he will react to his new parents? Have his foster parents told him a lot about getting a new family? I thinking about him grieving and his foster parents as well, and I get a little sad. An amazing thing is about to happen, for all of us, but he might not be able to see it for a while. Like anyone, he will learn to trust us, in his own timing.

We splurged on our Hong Kong hotel. You only live once, right? Besides, it will be a nice getaway for hubby and me before placement. We've heard great things about Hong Kong, and we can't wait to sight see. Last time we were there, the only place in Hong Kong that we saw was the airport for a five hour layover on our way home from China - not much fun.

This upcoming Monday we will apply for our Chinese visas and they will be ready early the following week. We leave two weeks from this upcoming Wednesday already. And I know the time will fly.

I still cannot believe this is finally happening. We are just so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment