Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sweet siblings




Nathan Guohao is doing well. He is getting along fine with his sister, and has just begun to harass her a little today, with a little mimicking as they were shooting some baskets in our indoor basketball court. You know - that good old fashioned boy fun. And by indoor basketball court, I am talking over the door Nerf basketball in the foyer. I know that he is becoming more comfortable with her. He does have a joking personality, which is subtle in his own way, but adorable too in my eyes.

Please note in the first picture Avery is not too thrilled. This was the first night home, and she was trying to figure out what she had gotten herself into by volunteering to be a little sister. But when Nathan Guohao starting blowing bubbles for her, she was completely convinced that she just might keep him around for a few days.

He is saying regularly "take a shower", "brush the teeth", and this morning he told me, "Mother, eat noodle!" He learned the word noodle yesterday - it is his tie to his homeland and his familiar food that he needs right now. He is eating Chinese noodles by the truckload, and that is okay with me.

Eric was in the basement tonight with the kids, and they were giggling together - that kind of pure fun that a child has, that seems to diminish as we reach our adult years.

A brother was exactly what Avery needed. Although she is realizing that the world does not revolve around her anymore (the nerve of us), she does know that she cares deeply for her brother. She told me today, "Mommy, I love Guohao." It was honest and sincere. And that makes me so happy.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! This just melts my heart! They are just too cute:)

    God is good my friend!

    ReplyDelete