Sunday, May 16, 2010

We are home!

Just wanted to do a quick post to let everyone know we are home. I am having some major jet lag and hope to become more human in the next day or two.

I have to say that the kids are doing extremely well together. It was adorable to see their first hug, and hugging my sweet Avery was indescribable.

We took the kids to the park today, and they were chasing their daddy around and then jumping on him, squealing with laughter. Avery is loving her big brother, and I still can't believe I have two kids! They also ride little tricycles around the house together and play nicely together. Hmmm.... I hope that will last.

Our sister-in-law has been such a help speaking Mandarin to Guohao. She told Guohao today that he has an American name (just like her) and we want to start calling him Nathan, and he told her, "No thanks." So she told us what he had said, and we started chuckling. I started a song with the kids in the car today: "Avery, Mei Mei, Nathan, Guohao" over and over. So we are starting to call him Nathan Guohao for now and eventually we will drop the Guohao (although it is part of his middle name). I'll keep you posted on that.

So Nathan Guohao is adjusting well to life here at the house. He is very excited about everything here, and went to bed last night with no problems. Now if I can just get one very stubborn little girl to follow suit, I will be in business.

I will post pictures with the kids together next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment