Thursday, May 27, 2010

Playground fun in Chicago





This past weekend, we went with my brother and sister-in-law to Chicago. We ate lunch in Chinatown, and did a little shopping there. We bought Nathan some chopsticks, and Avery a starter set of chopsticks. Nathan saw a candy store, and immediately walked in. The kids got some yummy treats - Thanks again Aunt Elaine!

We then headed to Millennium Park and walked around. We enjoyed some ice cream as well. We were on our way to the lakefront, when we spotted a park. The kiddos had a great time. Our two kids were tackling their dad (as usual), when another little Chinese boy spotted them attacking Eric. So this little boy joined in the fun...cracked us up!

We made it to the lakefront, and Nathan was amazed at the size of some of the boats. I said to Avery, "Look at the size of that boat!" The girl wasn't impressed. Guess that's one of the many differences between boys and girls. So thanks to Joe and Elaine for a wonderful day, and the beautiful pictures. They are priceless.

So, we are getting more and more settled day by day. Can I tell you that these days just fly by? I am thoroughly enjoying my time off with the kids. I will never get these moments back, and I do cherish them.

Nathan is understanding more and more English each day. He is picking up some more words (socks, shoes, drink, hungry, upstairs, downstairs) and he is even saying small sentences and is able to get his point across. He just told me, "Meow is sleeping." Meow is what he calls our cat Abby. The other night, Eric was upstairs with the kids - they were all watching SpongeBob, and Nathan came downstairs to me and said, "Mother! More SpongeBob! Mei Mei bed! Father bed!" Eric and Avery had drifted off to sleep and he wanted more SpongeBob! It is amazing to continually witness his growth with our culture and language. And I can tell that he is comprehending more by what I tell him and ask of him. This is amazing stuff....

Next time I will post some pictures of the kids in our pool, (and Nathan's first time in our pool) along with a very interesting picture of Nathan, involving the way he ate a smore.

The weather here in the Midwest has been beautiful. I have two great kids, a wonderful husband, and great family and friends. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment