Thursday, June 3, 2010

Time keeps on ticking






The days are flying by. This Friday, we will have had Nathan for a month now.

Nathan's vocabulary and understanding of the English language are increasing every day. He is a smart boy and is eager to learn. A very good friend of ours is a teacher with English as a second language (ESL) experience, and will start tutoring Nathan in the next week or so. We are so excited for him to learn even more than he is learning now.

Nathan was trying to understand the relationship of our two kitties. Our smaller cat, Abby, is younger, but a spitfire. Our (much) bigger cat, Sara, is older (turns 14 this month) and is, for lack of a better term, Garfield. Nathan asked me, "Mother, Father?" I said, "No." Then he said, "Abby Mei Mei?" Yes! Abby is the younger sister! So then he started calling Abby "Avery" and Sara "Nathan". So yesterday, he said to me, "Mother, Nathan Kitty no come up!" I have been letting Sara come on the main level for a few hours each day, and I had opened the basement door, and he wanted her to come up right away! He is very concerned about things happening in the house, and is often explaining to me what Avery is doing. Avery takes this as Nathan tattling on her, and she gets upset more often than not. I explain to her that he is concerned and is trying to use his English. She isn't buying it. Imagine that.

He is also saying, "I'm ready!" It is just adorable.

The first picture is Nathan eating a smore with chopsticks - this was his request. There is also a picture of the kids pouncing on their daddy, which happens often until daddy gets a kick in the ribs and is injured for a few days. Then there is Nathan's first time in our pool.

Today, Avery and Nathan wrote their names on the chalkboard. Nathan, my Type A child, wrote his name perfectly. Bless his heart.

I am also so proud of my girl, who just yesterday really started trying to write all of the letters in her name. They are very random on the picture, some unrecognizable, but it warmed her momma's heart for taking a lot of time to write each letter. I hugged her so tight after she presented it to us. Yes, her work was concealed until the big revealing. Precious girl. Can you see how proud she is in the picture?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Nathan's handwriting is better than mine;)

    It took me a minute but i see every letter of AVERY too! Good Job:)

    ReplyDelete