Friday, June 11, 2010

My little girl is turning 4!!!






Miss Avery turns four years old tomorrow! We had a party with some family members, and she had a good time. I cannot believe that she is such a big girl now. She is a good girl, and I feel that she is making some headway in her behavior, albeit slowly. I have said this repeatedly already, but she has such a strong personality, (my alpha child) that it is difficult at times in the discipline department. It helps so much that she is more cognitively developed, so her comprehension of important concepts help her make the right choices. This parenting gig is the hardest job in the world. We all know that. But man, do I love that little girl! Happy Birthday to my sweet Avery!

Nathan this past week has been trying to figure out his place in the family, and has been testing his mother most days. I know that he will figure things out, and I cannot imagine his previous experiences, and the change that he has gone through. If this is the worst of it, then we've got it good. I know that he is making progress. And he is starting to hug us more, which is what we have been patiently waiting for. This is so early on - we are on the right road, even though things can be overwhelming at times. It is all normal stuff.


Our boy is saying sentences now fairly regularly. The latest: "Mother, can you open?" "Father, it doesn't work." "Father, watch TV?" "Wait a sec" and the most popular, think of it said in a whiny tone, "I'm cold!" I feel like he understands 80-90% of what I tell him. I try to keep the words pretty simple when I explain things, and I think that helps.

Oh, and by the way, Nathan's front tooth is loose, so he is excited to get a visit from the tooth fairy, and make some money. Eating is a challenge, with both the tooth issue, and adjusting to the American food, but we are finding our way.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment, including Nathan playing the Kai Lan computer game that he loves, and Nathan showing Avery how to use chopsticks - he is actually feeding her!

No comments:

Post a Comment